October 27, 2013

The Mind of the Cells - by: Satprem (1981, 2010 translated from French)

This is one of those books that so closely mirror my own understanding of the reality in which I find myself that I think if I were a better writer I could have written it myself.

Anyone who has read my blog posts with any understanding would recognize much of my thoughts and ideas in this book - even though I've never read anything quite like it before. Like my own thinking, "mother" (the actual human source of this books wisdom) bases her understanding on direct experience, not on things she has read or otherwise been told.

Every cell in your body is independently conscious and self aware. The consciousness that we experience as humans only arises from the ability of the cells in our body to share their conscious experience through "emotional" connections that we humans might call love. But no matter what it is called, it is a very real and fundamental force of life and nature. Someday, when humans learn to love each other, and the world itself, as our cells love each other and the body they belong to, then we will awaken to a new reality that will be as strange and alien to our present reality as our present reality is to that of a single cell. "Mother" calls it evolution, so did Darwin, and so do I.

Magic and Mystery in Tibet - by: Alexandra David-Neel (1932, 2014)

This is one of those rare books that exposes another culture in a way that really opens it up an lets the reader glimpse for themselves what...