December 23, 2012

Dog Eat Dog - by: Edward Bunker (1996)

This is one of the most realistic "crime fiction" books I have ever read. Not surprizingly it was written by the same author who wrote Animal Factory, which was later turned into a movie that he also wrote the screenplay for and helped direct. I saw the movie while I lived in Fargo, North Dakota, and told many people that it was the most realistic "prison movie" I had ever seen (far more realistic than popular shows like, "Oz" - which I never watched because of how fake and contrived it was). Bunker served time at McNeil Island too, but long before I ever got there.

(Note: The image of a black man screaming at the end of my "What is reality?" video, on U-Tube, was actually taken from the Animal Factory movie; so now you know what several people on another blog about my crimes couldn't figure out.)

Magic and Mystery in Tibet - by: Alexandra David-Neel (1932, 2014)

This is one of those rare books that exposes another culture in a way that really opens it up an lets the reader glimpse for themselves what...