June 28, 2014

Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle: From The Collected Works of C.G. Jung, Volume 8, Bollingen Series XX (1960), translated by: R.F.C. Hull (1973), 2010 edition

This book, originally a scientific paper written by one of my favorite scientists of all time (one of the rare scientists willing to admit to the crippling limitations of the so-called scientific method), was a bit over my head. Jung assumes he is writing for other well educated scientists, and makes no qualms about quoting Greek, Latin, or some other original source to make a point. Thus many points are lost to me, but I was able to understand enough to at least bolster my own grasp of what Jung himself considered his most significant contribution to the art of science: synchronicity.

Jung is the only scientists I know of who seems to understand the material reality of the immaterial phenomenon I like to call the Living truth, which he calls the psychoid, and is the basis of numerous theological and metaphysical concepts, such as Christ and Buddha, to mention just two.

Magic and Mystery in Tibet - by: Alexandra David-Neel (1932, 2014)

This is one of those rare books that exposes another culture in a way that really opens it up an lets the reader glimpse for themselves what...