September 19, 2012

Memories, Dreams, Reflections - by: C. G. Jung (1961, 1989) Translated from the German by Richard and Clara Winston

When I found out (just recently) that Jung had written a memoir just before he died, I asked for a copy to be sent in to me so I could read it. Now, having done so, Jung is more of a hero in my eyes than ever. Of all the philosophers I have ever read (many), though Jung himself would probably choke if someone called him a philosopher to his face, I have found the fewest departures in Jungs thoughts from my own (though there are one or two). I would almost say I love this man, as a historical figure, which I have never said about anyone else. I can certainly identify with him.

Magic and Mystery in Tibet - by: Alexandra David-Neel (1932, 2014)

This is one of those rare books that exposes another culture in a way that really opens it up an lets the reader glimpse for themselves what...